Wednesday, March 4, 2015

How...



How do I do this thing called life…
Now that I cannot reach for your hand

How do I reconcile these feelings…
The loss, the gratitude, the anguish...
The relief that your struggle is over
While mine has… changed

How do I wake in the morning...
Knowing that I can no longer reach out to you before my eyes even open

How do I laugh...
When your laughter no longer rings with my own

How do I not feel selfish in my sorrow...
While truly grateful you have peace

How do I … live… now…
When you are such a part of my definition of life

How do I adjust to this strangeness...
Of having you with me in such a different way

How do I move through this changed world...
Knowing that you have moved to the next

Time… I’m told… will soften the edge

We’ll see… we’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment... an idea... a criticism?

website hit counter
free web hit counter download